So, you’re looking for the perfect gift. Today’s fast-paced lifestyles can be stressful, and a spa experience is a great way to decompress and relax.
Spa gift certificates are a unique gift that are easy to purchase and sure to be appreciated.
They work for birthdays, Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, Mother’s Day, graduations, baby showers, and as a show of appreciation for people you work with. They’re a great choice for people who love the spa experience, and for people who have never tried it. More men are going to spas now, so they work for guys, too.
Spa gift cards are an easy answer to the “What do I get them?” quandary. However, there are a few choices you need to make before deciding on one.
- Is it the last minute?
- Do you have a special spa in mind?
- Do you want to add a few spa-themed gifts in a bag to make it more personal?
- How much should you give? (The choices range from $25 to the ultimate spa gift: a long stay at the Golden Door that costs big bucks.
Let’s face it, sometimes we wait to the last minute to buy a gift. A great solution is to buy a spa gift card online from a company that offers cards accepted by many different spas. You can order it and have it mailed it in a nice gift box for a few extra dollars. If it’s really last-minute, you can print it out, or even email it. Problem solved! SpaFinder gift cards are the most widely accepted and a good all-around choice. If you have a specific spa in mind, you can search by city, state, or ZIP code and look for the “Accepts Spafinder Wellness 365 Gift Cards” icon near the name of the location.
Choose a Spa Nearby
Most spas have their own gift card programs, and all you have to do is call to order. To make the gift a little more personal, you can pick out a few spa products like body oil, a robe, or a candle and put it into a gift bag along with the gift card. If it’s to a spa you enjoy, include the name of your favorite massage therapist for your recipient.
How Much to Give
The minimum is as low as $25 on SpaFinder Gift Cards, but that doesn’t pay for much. The average gift is $100 to $150 to make sure the recipient gets at least one substantial spa treatment. Larger amounts like $300 to $500 will let the recipient get multiple services. SpaFinder cards can only be used once, so whatever goes unused has to be issued as a credit from the spa. To get maximum benefits, buy spa gift cards in smaller denominations, like three to five $100 cards, so the recipient has some flexibility with their gift.
How Much Spa Services Cost
Typical spa services cost:
- $50 to $75: spa manicure, pedicure, or waxing
- $100 to $150: massage, facial, or body treatment
- $125 to $150: specialty massage (like a hot stone massage)
- $200 to $350: two or more services (at most spas)
- $350 and up: half-day and full-day packages
Remember: Resort and wellness spas are more expensive, and luxury urban hotel spas are much more expensive.
- Ask about expiration dates. SpaFinder gift cards don’t expire, but some individual spas have a one-year expiration date.
- Tips and tax usually are not included in gift cards.
- Just as with any other gift card, losing it is like losing cash.
- If the spa goes out of business, you’re out of luck. So encourage the recipient to use their gift quickly.